It’s been said that how you spend January 1st is a reflection of how the entire year will look for you. I’m thinking of incorporating a little bit of everything I love today…
- Savoring time with family and friends
- Reflection and writing
- Enjoying my connection to the earth and savoring the season of winter – in all its wetness!
- Making plane reservations for our trip to Italy
- Healthy and yummy food, shared with loved ones
- Re-reading passages from wise and inspirational books
- Visioning what my next work project will look like
- Time honoring Grandma … Continue reading
For so many of us, each day can easily be filled to the brim, packed with commitments around work, family, friends, home and self. But all this activity doesn’t necessarily translate to satisfaction and fulfillment, and it’s pretty hard to savor and appreciate each experience when we’re running from one to the next.
This autumn I’ve taken this to heart, and have begun taking steps to shed commitments that don’t reflect what’s most important to me. The most impactful change was stopping running my mother-in-law’s weekly blood draws from her apartment to the lab. Instead, I asked the visiting … Continue reading